Research shows that watermelon contains nutrients and beneficial plant compounds, and eating more watermelon could improve your heart health, lower the inflammation and oxidative stress, help relieve muscle soreness, and keep you hydrated. And it doesn’t take much.
Plain watermelon combined with other several ingredients could even get you better health results and improvement. Dr. Vera Matta, a Lebanese Dietician, has shared a similar recipe on her Instagram page you need to know about.
Here’s the recipe:
Prep 15 minutes 350 calories
- · 4 cups cubed watermelon.
- · 4 cups fresh baby spinach, torn.
- · 2 large avocados – peeled, pitted, and diced.
- · 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- · 1/4 cup olive oil
- . 1 lime, juiced.
- · 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika (Smoked paprika can be used in place of sweet paprika, if desired).
- . Cherry Tomato.
- Combine watermelon, spinach, and avocados together in a bowl.
- Whisk walnut oil, olive oil, lime juice, and paprika together in a bowl; pour over watermelon mixture. Toss to coat.
Nutrition Per 1 Serving:
32.2 g fat; 17.7 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 24 mg sodium.
Dr. Vera Matta is a registered dietitian from Lebanon, she has a master’s degree in nutritional psychotherapy and a Ph.D. in counseling and nutritional psychotherapy.
Follow her on Instagram @dr.veramatta